Wax Wings Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» {Jessi Model / BTM Florence / Busty J-Flo Ultimate Collectio
Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 3:59 am by oaklipalla

Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 3:59 am by oaklipalla

Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 am by oaklipalla

Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 am by oaklipalla

» Wechat Nokia S60v5.sisx
Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 1:11 pm by oaklipalla

» Isodraw 7.1
Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 11:07 am by oaklipalla

» Isodraw 7.1
Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 11:05 am by oaklipalla

» Ps3 Emulator V1.1.7 Bios
Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 5:03 am by oaklipalla

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Wax Wings Forums on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Wax Wings Forums on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
oaklipalla
Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_vote_lcapWelcome to the Poetry Forums. I_voting_barWelcome to the Poetry Forums. I_vote_rcap 
daryscarol
Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_vote_lcapWelcome to the Poetry Forums. I_voting_barWelcome to the Poetry Forums. I_vote_rcap 
Eric
ajax245
TheRussianFool
xxAtimisKxx
JeVoisTout
Enrin
Laughing5
Hobo-Joe

Welcome to the Poetry Forums.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric
Admin
Eric

Welcome to the Poetry Forums. Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:56 am

So this is the forum for Wax Wings. Discuss poetry and the like here.
Back to top Go down
https://judasdaedalus.forumotion.com
TheRussianFool

TheRussianFool

PostSubject: In your opinion....   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:28 am

In your opinion witch is the best form of poetry?
Back to top Go down
ajax245

ajax245

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:51 am

I really must say that if you can find a really good artist, rap is my favorite form of poetry. the only artists that I like are Immortal Technique and Nas.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tyleramador
xxAtimisKxx

xxAtimisKxx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:02 am

I wouldn't really claim rap as poetry, but I would say hip-hop is. Rap to me is just a whole bunch of people talking about how drunk they got on a saturday night and other stupid shit. Hip-hop has meaning to it, and I think all poetry should have some kinda of meaning to it.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin
Eric

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 am

xxAtimisKxx wrote:
I wouldn't really claim rap as poetry, but I would say hip-hop is. Rap to me is just a whole bunch of people talking about how drunk they got on a saturday night and other stupid shit. Hip-hop has meaning to it, and I think all poetry should have some kinda of meaning to it.
Rap is part of hip-hop bro. And rap alone has meaning. Tupac, Eminem. Even if you don't agree with the message, it is there.
Back to top Go down
xxAtimisKxx

xxAtimisKxx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:10 am

If you go down to it yes rapping is part of hip-hop. and i wouldn't claim eminem and tupac as strictly rap because as you said they threw in meaning behind they're lyrics when i claim rap i mean shit like 50 cent or Souja Boy.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin
Eric

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:17 am

xxAtimisKxx wrote:
If you go down to it yes rapping is part of hip-hop. and i wouldn't claim eminem and tupac as strictly rap because as you said they threw in meaning behind they're lyrics when i claim rap i mean shit like 50 cent or Souja Boy.

Tupac is definitely rap. Definitions are not for you to change.
Back to top Go down
xxAtimisKxx

xxAtimisKxx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:20 am

yes they are.... EYONK. plus the meanings or terms change all the time like the word gay and fag.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin
Eric

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:22 am

xxAtimisKxx wrote:
yes they are.... EYONK. plus the meanings or terms change all the time like the word gay and fag.
And yet, rap is still rap.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Admin
Eric

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:23 am

And nick, you kinda look like Paul. Lightweight.
Back to top Go down
xxAtimisKxx

xxAtimisKxx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:32 am

Laught out loud. Do i really?
Back to top Go down
TheRussianFool

TheRussianFool

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:24 pm

Rap is rap Eric does have a point but however I to do not believe it is not poetry if it does have meaning behind it.
Back to top Go down
ajax245

ajax245

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:53 am

some good points. i'm going to still stand for rap being rap. Tupac is definitely a rapper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tyleramador
TheRussianFool

TheRussianFool

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:32 am

ajax245 wrote:
some good points. i'm going to still stand for rap being rap. Tupac is definitely a rapper.
Agreed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Poetry Forums.   Welcome to the Poetry Forums. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Poetry Forums.
Page 1 of 1